Wednesday, July 29, 2009

kungaloosh!



Today is awesome because, like every typical 22 year old girl, I have been pining over this Zulu replica pith helmet from an antique store in Fort Collins for a few years. And today...I got it!!! Best present EVER! I have been wearing it non-stop since about 2:00 this afternoon and I freaking love it. All I need are chops and gold teeth and I could pass for Van Pelt! This helmet opens up a whole wealth of opportunities, such as:

1. Changing my persona from Boulder hippie to adventurous turn of the century Englishwoman for triple V nerdy hiking, whenever that may be.

2. Someday being Jane from Tarzan for Halloween (although the hats aren't quite the same I don't think that really matters)

3. Getting funny looks from my neighbors whenever I wear it to go get the mail.

4. Helping me to visualize my dream of Col. Perceivial Snort's library.

5, Starting my own Adventurer's Club where Shenanigans used to be. (OMG, how fraggle rocking awesome would that be?!)

I couldn't get a good picture of myself in it today to post so that will have to come later. But for now just know that I look badass.

2 comments:

  1. Um, sorry but you are forbidden to wear your pith helmet to Triple V nerdy hiking. The point is to look NERDY, not AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fraggle rocking awesome?" That is the coolest expression I've heard in a long time!

    ReplyDelete