Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I wasn't dropping no eaves!


So today I found out that the first draft of my 15 page Lord of the Rings paper is due tomorrow by midnight. If a girl hadn't brought it up in class I would have had no idea. Fortunately, it pretty much just has to be an outline of what I'm writing about and sources to back up my ideas, and an introduction to my critical method, not an actual paper. In order to write it I am currently watching Fellowship on tape (I was a big girl today and hooked up our old VHS player to my TV) and am frantically writing notes. This movie is so familiar.
Looking for sources, I was amused to find that the majority of scholarly articles are about the homoerotic undertones of the movies. When I have time I am totally reading those, haha.
I have decided that I was born part hobbit. The height. The curly mop o' hair. The blissful and naive happiness. The understanding of breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. Of course, judging by the size and lack of hair on my feet I'm obviously not a full blood.
Harry Potter tomorrow!
Today is awesome because I went to a tiny little Victorian shop in Lafayette with my grandma and the owner was the living embodiment of Linda Richmond. It was hilarious. She was so chatty and honest to God said "no big whoop" about a thousand times. I should have started talking about Barbara and watched her reaction. She's like buttah, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment