Thursday, February 11, 2010

little town full of little people


Just a quickie update before I pass out.

Today I had an interview for four professional internships to Disney World. Afterwords I felt really really good about it but, as always, I found the things in the situation to be stressed about and proceeded to do just that. So I've talked today to about anyone who'll listen. Talking it out is always best for me. I can come to my own solution with someone saying an occasional "uh-huh" and nodding their head. Sam is excellent at this. She knows exactly when I need advice and when to let me keep rambling until I inevitably answer my own question.

I also talked to Ann, and for some reason her advice just stuck. There is nothing more I can do. Nothing. I have done everything I possibly can and have done it right. I've worked for Disney in two capacities. I excelled in both of those. I've reached out and used my connections to help get my name out there. I've developed a killer resume. I applied promptly. I was prepared and did the best interview that I could possibly do. None of the rest of it is in my hands. If I fail, it is not because of me. It's completely their decision. She told me to let it go. And I think I have. This tight feeling I've had in my chest since before they posted the interships is pretty much gone. Of course, I'm still nervous. Immediate life after graduation will be altered by whether I get it or not. But I'm not constantly wondering "what if I had put this in my resume" or "why did I say that in the interview?" Instead, I'm digging the whole fate thing. Whatever will be will be.

I feel good. How about you poppet pies?

Currently Reading:
Dark Whispers by Bruce Coville (happy memories!)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've done such a great job being prepared and getting everything done. Go you!!! Can't wait until you're back in the Sunshine State!!

    ReplyDelete